Saïd Business School
University of Oxford
An experienced facilitator, coach, and leadership consultant, Dave focuses on helping leaders to experience new ways of seeing and being in the world.
He has shaped and led internal transformation projects for major professional services organisations; including designing and leading the learning journey that accompanies organisational change. Companies included: EY Consulting, Capgemini and Heidrick & Struggles.
Previously Dave served as Vice President at Heidrick & Struggles, where he contributed to the firm’s transition from Executive Search to Leadership Advisory. At Capgemini he was a Chief Knowledge Officer and then part of the corporate strategy team, where he led on market and competitor intelligence.
Dave has an MBA from Portsmouth Management School, a postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies and a BA Honours Degree in Politics. He also has a Professional Certificate in Integral Development Coaching.
Areas of expertise and interest:
- Narrative and metaphor – the power of stories and images to shape our world view and create new possibilities for individual and collective leadership.
- Purpose – supporting individuals and organisations to reconnect with the source of their uniqueness and bring that to life through their leadership.
- Capacity to adapt – addressing issue of organisational resilience and flexibility in the face of changing markets and technologies.
- Integral coaching and leadership – whole-person coaching leading to personal transformation.
Dave works with the School on various leadership development projects:
- He co-created and has led a metaphor-based workshop to help leaders take bold action in pursuit of purpose.
- He led a project with a global commodities company on organisational role and purpose.
- He was involved in a research project to understand ‘what corporations do when they do purpose’.
Dave is currently helping to design and deliver a major programme for the World Economic Forum.