- The ability to illustrate the methodologies used to model trading strategies for different types of financial markets.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of classical and behavioural finance and how theoretical trading models are applied in practice.
- The ability to formulate a view on the relationship between emerging technologies and the future of systematic trading.
Oxford Algorithmic Trading Programme
- 6 weeks
- Short programme
About the programme
Algorithmic trading was formed in the 1970s – the rise of machine learning and artificial intelligence has accelerated its advance substantially.
Trading occurs at an incredibly fast pace, making it impossible for humans to keep up.
In this programme, you will learn how to implement a successful algorithmic trading model.
The programme covers:
- what drives successful hedge funds
- the methodologies used to model trading strategies for different types of financial markets
- how to determine whether a fund is worth investing in based on key evaluation criteria
An introduction to the programme
After successfully completing this highly interactive and supported online learning journey, you’ll walk away with:
Welcome to your Online Campus
Introduction to classic and behavioural finance theory
Systematic trading and the state of the investment industry
Technical analysis and methods for trading system design
Building an algorithmic trading model
Evaluation criteria for systematic models and funds
Future trends in algorithmic trading